Monday, July 13, 2009

Car Wash Portrait

Car Wash
A few weekends ago I happened upon a car wash put on by the Cook's Kettle on Commercial street. I decided to donate and instead of getting my car washed I asked if I could take some pictures. I was out driving to take pictures for a contest I planned on entering. The contest requires that the shots be taken during the 11:00-1:00 p.m. hours due to the harsh noon sunlight. I left late and (about 12:40) had given up on the idea of capturing any images before 1:00. So I was on my way out to drive around and look for something to shoot and before I got off commercial street these guys were calling me into the wash. It just so happened that I was in the car wash by no later than 12:45 and was able to grab a few shots that I really liked this being one of them. God blessed and I was able to give and receive! Not to mention that these guys were really fun to talk too and have convinced me to drop in some time and have a meal.

1 comment:

alicia waters said...

I don't know how long you've been doing photography or editing, but this is really nice. love the quality of light and shadows. given the grittiness of the photo, it still feels really soft and endearing. I think the power of the lines on his face along w/ the suns highlights are my favorite thing. nice job.